Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Divergent: Book vs Movie

Divergent:

Movie vs Book


To be honest, I saw this movie first, this is usually not the case, however I did this with The Hungers Games.  I really like the movie, Shailene Woodley did a very good job of bringing Tris as well as Theo James did for Four to the big screen. I'm actually looking forward to the next installment, Insurgent coming out later this year. It's in my 2015 Movie List Blog. Back on track, This adaptation was done very well. I've seen this movie a couple of times and I find that every time I watch it again I find new reasons that I like it so much. 

The concept of "Faction before Blood" is ridiculous to me. To leave your family because you're not meant for the Faction that you're in? For those who have read or see the movie, know what I'm talking about, but for those who haven't. 

Here's a little back story:

"Beatrice "Tris" Prior's society is divided into five factions—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). But there is also the factionless, those who don't belong anywhere.  Beatrice must choose between staying with her Abnegation family and transferring factions. Her choice will shock her community and herself. But the newly christened Tris also has a secret, one she's determined to keep hidden, because in this world, what makes you different makes you dangerous." (Divergent, 2014)



Comparison:

  1. Tris is quiet in both. She is the same within the book as she is in the movie. 
  2. Four is a jerk in both. They did an excellent job in showing the characters as they were interrupted from the book. 
  3. Tris and Four's love story was defiantly captured on screen. Theo and Shailene did a fantastic job of capturing this un-love love story. 

Contrast:

  1. Some of the characters from the book were merged together for the movie. Who really needs all the extra supporting characters?
  2. Some of the scenes were out of place in the movie versus where they were placed in the book. Not many but some to notice for avid readers and movie goers. 
  3. The aptitude testing scenario was different, there were mirrors and no bus.  


Who you chose FACTION or BLOOD?

Show your support to the factions with your very own Custom Design by Kay, Divergent I Nail Wrap. Which is featured in the Insurgent Blog.

1 for $25 or 2+ for $20; email kaystips2toes@gmail.com for details or to order.



1 comment: