Sunday, February 22, 2015

February's Reading List Summarized

Hey Everyone!

So I finally finished my February Reading List, go me! With everything else going on I managed to finish them and on time, go me! I have a lot of things coming to an end on February 28th, my Going Going Gone Jamberry Party (still have time, don't be a fool, and don't forget to buy some Jamberry Nail Tools), I'm moving, new job, new reading list, new class, and so much more. February was a very busy month, but looking forward to the month of March, two new movies, new life, new reading list, new Jamberry Catalog and party, so so many new things.

Ok, so February's reading list summarized:

Divergent

"One choice can transform you. Beatrice Prior's society is divided into five factions—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). Beatrice must choose between staying with her Abnegation family and transferring factions. Her choice will shock her community and herself. But the newly christened Tris also has a secret, one she's determined to keep hidden, because in this world, what makes you different makes you dangerous."

One girl, one faction, and one choice. This is really all this book is about. *movie is a little more engaging, but book is still very good* Tris' life was boring until she made the decision to leave her life behind and start anew. Only she didn't think it was going to be hard to find her place within the new faction. After having a boy crush on one of the instructor, Four, she comes to the realization that she is truly different and needs to stay hidden among her new family. Can she do it? You'll have to read the book (or watch the movie) to find out. 

The book, as always, gives you way more details than the movie, but I feel that the book drags on. I still like the book and want to continue reading the rest of the series. And I will! 
Gone: Part Three

"Lilly Randall had overcome a past filled with heartache and loss. She'd moved to Manhattan and was building a new and exciting life for herself. She was falling hard and fast for Clive Parker and now that she had a dream job, everything was exactly as it should be. When her past showed up to taunt her, the reality she thought she knew was suddenly stripped away. It's hard for Lilly to know who to trust when the one and only person who promised to protect her, can't give her the simple answers she needs. Believing in Clive may be impossible and when the choice comes down to investing in him or herself, Lilly makes the only choice she can."

This is the final installment, and honestly, these books went by so fast. I'm a fast reader, if it is something that peaks my interests and let's be honest, just look at the cover, it's peaked! *bad pun, I know, I'm shameful!* Back to the book... Lilly is a software designer mainly for mobile applications, and after an embarrassing photo that magically showed up in her press lease of a new app, she goes on a one woman mission to find out who would do this to her. With the unintentional help from her billionaire boyfriend, Clive, she is able to find the person, make them correct it, and move on to her happy ever after.

It was a very short book but worth the price because I had to finish the series.
Seven Sons

"My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect. Including my innocence. When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old. Before my father died, Dornan and his sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer. I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge. But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club. I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it. Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death? "

Right off the bat you know there is revenge and death involved in this book, not only from the description but the tiny prologue. Juliette was a simple girl that was born into the wrong type of family, a family that worked for a very powerful gang. After the death of her father and some unsavory events that happened to her, Juliette is making a change (whether it may be good or bad is depending on your judgement) and going after the people who are responsible for her pain and suffering. What she didn't count on is her feelings for the one person who was there that night and tried to spot it from happening. This is a tale of one girl making a difference in her own life but is also righting a wrong in the most unconventional way imaginable. 

Just goes to show that revenge is a powerful emotion. And some won't stop until they achieve their goal. 




All of these books are very good, and I recommend them to all of you. If you have any recommendations, please comment below. I have my March Reading List already planned, but I'm looking for new books to continue! 

Oodles, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment