Saturday, February 7, 2015

Nail Off!

Nail Off!

Battle of the Nails!

Jamberry Vs Sally Hansen Salon Affects Vs Trend Tips by Sephora by OPI


          As a Jamberry consultant, I'm always asked what the difference between my products and those found in the stores. Well the first thing I say is "You don't want those crappy things." Now I'm not bashing the other products, I'm just saying that I wouldn't purchase them! The second thing I say is that ours is a better quality. And honestly they are. Jamberry nail wraps/shields are a vinyl wrap that you heat up and place. Rub it on and file off the excess. That's it and it is super easy. The good thing is that there is no dry time, no chipping, you can bake a cake right after applying.

Ok... now to the nitty gritty!

Sally Hansen Salon Affects may have the convenience of picking up same day and the price, but that is all it has going for the product. The quality of these strips isn't good, it is basically a strip of dry nail polish, that you have to keep sealed after use because if not they will dry out and become useless. They also are very awkward to put on, you have to be very careful about how you put them on, because you can't take them off once you stick them on. For people like me who preposition the product on their nails multiple times, this product wouldn't work for me.

Not too mention that since it is dried nail polish, they chip or flake off, and the glitter designs are just as much as a pain to get off as glitter nail polish is. This product is losing stars as I continue.

I've used this product before and let's just say that I had to have help applying them, which with Jamberry I can do it all by myself, even my 5 year old can apply them (with the help of mommy or grandma).

Why spend money on a product like that?

Trend Tips by Sephora by OPI is the same as Sally Hansen's products, however they are a little harder to come by in my research. The only product I could find on OPI's website was a kit that included trend tips and trend toes, which Jamberry includes both on the same sheet, but also a gel product. Trend Tips is still dried out lacquer/nail polish, meaning that they will chip. Again paying for convenience, if you can find them and price but not quality.

I've never used this product, but just from my research, I would be honest in saying that I never will. Why would I pay for TWO separate products, fingers and toes, when I can pay for one and do both.


It's Jamberry Time!

Jamberry Nails, as I said above is a vinyl (plastic) wrap/shield that when heated up, can be applied to your nail. They are super easy to apply since you can take them off and reapply with some heat. They are worth the price of quality and have over 300 designs and can make your own designs, as long as nothing is trademarked. The other two products can't do that. They don't need to be sealed up tight after use, I keep mine in a photo box will index card dividers.  No chip, they can go over gel/fake nails, and last up to two week on fingers, depending on how hard you use your hands, but after a week you'll be ready to change to a new design.

They are a great buy compared to the other products I mentioned. And no it's not just because I'm a consultant, I was a consumer before I was a consultant, and my love for this product is the reason I became a consultant, not too mention the extra goodies and freebies!

Why wouldn't you chose a product like this? That is the question you need to answer!


If you are interested in a sample or want to place an order, email me at kaystips2toes@gmail.com. I'll have a sample in the mail the next day.

It's up to you, ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE?




No comments:

Post a Comment